THE FEARLESS FORCE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

THE FEARLESS FORCE

The Fearless Force main HQ Forum for the topics of travian and life

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Farming

Go down 
+3
lilenecro
Rocketship
Timli
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Timli
Evil Admin King
Evil Admin King
Timli

Number of posts : 418
Registration date : 2007-04-25

Farming Empty
PostSubject: Farming   Farming Icon_minitimeFri Apr 27, 2007 10:12 am

These ideas of farmer types (below first topic) are based on the Transactional Analysis work of Eric Bernie. but thanks to JJJJJJ for getting it here.

FIRST TOPIC

Within Travian everyone gets attacked. Don't get dishearted. Every attacker is giving away really important information to you when they attack you. Think of it as they are helping you, telling you how they play. Also tho, you are doing the same when you attack someone.

If you have a series of attacks from a player, read the stats to see what they have used. Don't think "Damn, look what they done to me", think "Wow, this player is revealing something to me how they play!"

Types of attack:

Basic Farmer - large amount of single units. Eg 1000 Imperian only, or 1000 Equites Imperatoris.

Series Farmer - large amount of single units and they continue to attack you often.

Random Farmer - large amount of single units and they attack you they leave you alone for a bit.

Combination Farmer - mixed units of single unit infantry and calvery

Stratigic Series farmer - large amounts of units that reduce in size until they know the maximum amount they are likely to gain from you (Knowing me and knowing you, ah ha! In this type, the attacker knows more about how you play and your predictablibity). They will be a Series Farmer first, and then possibly move on to this type.

Gambler Farmer - Sending random amounts of mixed units or even a single unit to attack you. The size could be small or large. They then modify their units until they send the most economic amounts of units to either raid or destroy. The Gambler Farmer then becomes a
Stratigic Series farmer.

Players are usually of a mixed type, but one type is usually dominant. This type of thinking can allow you to know your attacker. And maybe how to deal with them.

Remember as you enter the "World of Travian", players are on different stages of the game. Everyone starts being a farm, then a basic farmer. Most players are already different types already, way before you.

SECOND TOPIC

If your getting farmed, obviously build many crannys. Beyond this, you may have built your warehouse too fast - yes an empty shed is cheap! Level the warehouse only to what resources you really need.

Many players have been massive farms because their haste of speed within travian. At level 10 building, you can demolish buildings' levels; do this as priority if you've levelled up too much on warehouse.

Also do not get disheartened by demolishing buildings. We often think we are building when we are building, how often do we think that we are building when we are demolishing? It's an important process within travian.
Back to top Go down
https://thefearlessforum.niceboard.com
Rocketship
Praetorian
Praetorian

Number of posts : 57
Registration date : 2007-05-29

Farming Empty
PostSubject: Re: Farming   Farming Icon_minitimeTue May 29, 2007 7:22 am

These "farmer types" are interesting, but how might they be of use? How might someone use this information to their advantage?

For someone being farmed, you've given some general advice, but how about advice specific to every type of farmer? Perhaps the people who do a lot of farming in this alliance can identify what type of farmer they are, and what discourages them from farming.

I do a lot of farming: I get 2-3x as much resources from raids as I do from production. I'm somewhere between a "Combination" and "Strategic Series" farmer. Here's how I react to various things:

Big payout: I'll be back, definately.

Small (or no) payout: If you used to give big payouts, then I'll keep trying for a few days, but if it's not worth my time then it's not worth my time.

Weak defences: These attract me. Good experience for my hero. I don't even have to get a good payout. If you put up 10 infantry, I'll be back every day.

Strong defences: Well, if I'm going to lose my army, then never mind.

Begging: Nobody's every asked me to stop. We'll see...

Anyway, I hope this is useful. Other farmers, please post.

-Rocketship
Back to top Go down
Timli
Evil Admin King
Evil Admin King
Timli

Farming Empty
PostSubject: Re: Farming   Farming Icon_minitimeTue May 29, 2007 12:21 pm

i dont farm any more. but i attack if someone annoys me greatly. then they go get past my defences so i send about a quater o my army and they say im bluffing. so then i send more. when they arrive the defenders get screwed and then you never hear from them ever again. a perfect example is jim_optical. He annoyed me by farming Zeegoon so i warned him 2 times.

1st verbal
2nd verbal and fake attacks

the final stage was go and smash him. when i did samsh him i sent a message to neve attack Zeegoon again and i told him to reply back. still waiting for the reply. i think he dont like me now
Back to top Go down
lilenecro
Praetorian
Praetorian
lilenecro

Number of posts : 50
Registration date : 2007-05-16

Farming Empty
PostSubject: Re: Farming   Farming Icon_minitimeTue May 29, 2007 12:56 pm

haha..if he strong and have alot of armys or just some average joe?
Back to top Go down
Timli
Evil Admin King
Evil Admin King
Timli

Farming Empty
PostSubject: Re: Farming   Farming Icon_minitimeTue May 29, 2007 12:59 pm

he has no army now. my hero liked the experience
Back to top Go down
lilenecro
Praetorian
Praetorian
lilenecro

Number of posts : 50
Registration date : 2007-05-16

Farming Empty
PostSubject: Re: Farming   Farming Icon_minitimeTue May 29, 2007 1:29 pm

lol .. dun stop ! Razz
wait for his hero to revive then send him back to the grave again !
Back to top Go down
Timli
Evil Admin King
Evil Admin King
Timli

Farming Empty
PostSubject: Re: Farming   Farming Icon_minitimeTue May 29, 2007 1:30 pm

i no need to attack again. i killed all the reforcment last time and his alliance got annoyed. the alliance lost 100 paladins
Back to top Go down
Traxtorm
Imperian
Imperian
Traxtorm

Number of posts : 170
Registration date : 2007-04-29

Farming Empty
PostSubject: Re: Farming   Farming Icon_minitimeTue May 29, 2007 7:45 pm

I'm only going for the bigger farms, giving large bounty's,
all those tiny bits are not really worth my time, only when I'm bored.

I'm talking about at least 25000 resources of each type Wink
Back to top Go down
barb
Imperian
Imperian
barb

Number of posts : 141
Registration date : 2007-06-16

Farming Empty
PostSubject: Re: Farming   Farming Icon_minitimeSun Jun 17, 2007 5:43 pm

im happy if a farm gives 5.000 of all...

then its already worth my time Laughing
Back to top Go down
DeSegerS
Imperian
Imperian
DeSegerS

Number of posts : 162
Registration date : 2007-04-28

Farming Empty
PostSubject: Re: Farming   Farming Icon_minitimeSun Jun 17, 2007 11:22 pm

I'm happy with less also (but I'm small so less means more to me...)
Back to top Go down
http://latijn.110mb.com
king zack
Pheonix Force leader/admin
Pheonix Force  leader/admin
king zack

Number of posts : 272
Registration date : 2007-04-27

Farming Empty
PostSubject: Re: Farming   Farming Icon_minitimeMon Jun 18, 2007 2:25 am

i really dont farm on this server but i meet a person and he kept running his mouth about he was strong (when i first started out ) so then i guess he got inactive .. so i grew then oncei got big he came back and i talked trash to him . he was still being dumb and talking so i attacked killed his troops then he asked me why i dont reply and then i send my catas to him and his brother asgard they were about 200 something each the now ones 95 and the other one just got back up to 196 .. so i dont really farm thm i mess with them for fun cata them every now and then Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Farming Empty
PostSubject: Re: Farming   Farming Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Farming
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
THE FEARLESS FORCE :: F.A.Q-
Jump to: